Offices In:

Australia | Canada | India

Fiancé or Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300)

Home / Partner Visa

Fiancé or Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300)

If you are intending to marry your Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen partner, and wish to live in Australia with your partner, then a Fiancé or Prospective Marriage Visa (subclass 300) may be appropriate for you.

All applicants are required to demonstrate that they have a genuine intention to marry, have personally met since turning 18 and are free to marry.

Initially you may be granted a temporary visa, which is valid for 9 months. If you have married your Australian partner you may be eligible to apply for a Spouse Visa.

Fiancé or Prospective Marriage Visa

This visa is for Australian citizens, permanent residents or eligible New Zealand residents to bring their prospective spouse to Australia before getting married. You must have met your intended spouse in person and know them personally. This visa must be lodged offshore and the applicant must be offshore at time of lodgment. It is a temporary visa granted for 9 months in which the applicant is expected marry after entering Australia. Once the marriage has taken place, an application for a Spouse Visa can be made.

Entitlements of Fiancé or Prospective Marriage Visa (subclass 300)

To find out whether you qualify for a skilled migration visa, get in touch with our Australian Migration Expert by booking appointment,

Other Visa


Contact us if you are looking for a visa consultation

Need a Consultation? Book Appointment Today